- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 28 oz Marinara Sauce (2 medium jars)
- 1 (15 oz) Ricotta Cheese (whole milk)
- 1 (15 oz) Cottage Cheese (whole milk)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic – fresh pressed (for garlic lovers, like us, you can’t have too much)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese (whole milk)
- 1 (16 oz) box Lasagna Noodles (DeBoles Artichoke Noodles are my favorite) *Whole Foods
Brown the beef and garlic – drain. Add marina sauce to cooked beef. Mix ricotta and cottage cheese with eggs in a separate bowl.
Place 2 Tbs of sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Layer with uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Layer ricotta/cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Layer meat sauce.
- Layer uncooked lasagna noodles.
Continue layering until dish is full. Top with sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes – covered. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes – topped with parmesan cheese.
Let lasagna stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serves 9 (or 6 hungry guys) We triple and even quadruple this recipe for our family.