A mom ‘worth her salt’ does not fall for cultural norms or compare her value to media hype. Her worth is ‘above rubies’.
A mom worth her salt –
- is free to celebrate Easter without making a single craft!
- lets her husband ‘wrestle’ with his children
- accepts dirt as part of God’s creation
- separates propaganda from toys – introducing her children to toys that stimulate learning rather than encourage entertainment
- enjoys the sound of silence and teaches her family to do likewise
- renews her mind with the word of God – daily!
- requires her children to get along with one another
- accepts life’s limitations as part of God’s plan – while praying for the unthinkable
- resists the fleshly temptation to prefer one child above another
- ‘pleads the call of the needy’ (Prov 31:9)
- loves the father of her children in open display – doing him ‘good and not evil, all the days of her life’. (Prov 31:12)
- smiles at the future –
Let us be women who won’t settle for a normal, safe life – but ‘press on to the high calling of Christ’. (Phil 3:14)