With Father’s Day here – we can help our husbands be the Superhero they long to become with a few simple adjustments.
Disclaimer: This partial list is compiled from my brief experience here on earth and stated from a suburban perspective. But hey, why not give it a try? You may see the mild-mannered man across the dinner table transform before your very eyes!
10 Ways to Make Your Husband a Superhero!
- Let him wrestle with the kids ~ leave the room if you have to.
- Give your sons ‘guy time’ with Dad ~ hunting, fishing, basketball or whatever men do together in their manliness.
- Let Dad and the boys sweat together ~ without complaints from mom. Boys need to become men and it takes being around a real man to bring that out.
- Ask Dad to help tuck the kids in at night. What is more comforting than a father’s voice at bedtime, or his tender touch. Especially if he works long hours – these moments count for a lifetime.
- Give the father of your children the respect he’s due ~ especially in front of your sons. They’ll thank you later!
- Bite your tongue. (‘nough said)
- Pray for your husband and the father of your children ~ pray that he will be a man of wisdom. (Psalm 25:12-15)
- On purpose, defer to your man in front of the kids. The kids need to see you prefer one another in love. Your daughters are watching.
- Lay off the bossiness! We girls can be quite bossy at times. Come alongside rather than chide from above. Your kids will notice and your husband will stand-up stronger.
- Honor him in front of others with a sincere heart. A compliment in private is a base-hit ~ a compliment in public is a home-run!
- I know I said 10, but I have to add one more ~ subscribe to my Superhero’s father’s devotional blog. It’ll come to your man’s e-box daily for an empowering dose of man-to-man talk about Dad stuff. It’s kryptonite to the soul! Legacy Devotional
Love to hear YOUR ideas on making the Dad in your home a Superhero. Leave a comment – we’re listening.