Yesterday afternoon while wiping off something and thinking towards the weekend – I was interrupted with the obvious fact that we have a Royal Wedding to celebrate!
No time to waste – so I …
- Described to Victoria my Royal idea – she agreed – we began to brainstorm!
- Sent this lovely invite to our close friends (across the street) – they homeschool too!
- Googled a menu
- Set the DVR (we now have cable and have arrived in the 21st century – I like it here)
- Got the boys to scrub the plastic table (it stays outside)
- Told the boys the living room was off limits in the early morning (food would be in the kitchen – they couldn’t stomach a wedding before breakfast anyway)
- Ran to the store for extra goodies (girl food – not normally found in our kitchen)
- Set my alarm for nice and early (hubby’s out of town)
- Grabbed a fancy tablecloth, dusted off the china and brewed some tea (English – of course)
- Our guests arrived on time (it was a formal affair)
- We sipped tea and took in this historical event in girly-girl style (lots of *sighs* and “awws”)
- Oood and goooood over the HATS!
- Each of us hung on every word of the vows
- Marveled at the sermon! (we want a transcript)
- Talked about how this will impact history
- Thanked God for the beauty of a wedding ceremony that honored Christ and upheld the marriage covenant (1/3 of the world heard Jesus Christ named as Lord and marriage exalted!) This is no small thing.
We left this wedding with a gift – an affection for this couple and a desire to see them prosper. We’ll know Will and Kate differently, wish them well and pray through the years – all because of this Royal Affair. We’re all so pleased to have been – invited. It was a jolly-good time!!
A peasant was caught under the table – snitching food! That boy!!